Sunday, May 24, 2009

What's This All About?

Hello, and welcome to my blog. It is my sincere hope that, with this blog, many people will begin to understand themselves, admit of their desires, and open up before the camera. I also hope that this blog will help both photographers and models.

All too often, we see photos of stunningly beautiful people... the "Perfect 10s" so to speak. It is very intimidating to many people, regardless of your intent - searching for a new model, searching for a new mate, or whatever.

I have been on both quests. Some ended badly, many were wonderful, and have never ended. My current muse, Renee, may not ever appear in Playboy or Penthouse, but she has a certain beauty that is amazing to me. She is 30 this year, loves me unconditionally, and takes very good care of me. I will be sharing pics of her - and others - in this blog. Sometimes, I will take a trip down memory lane with my images - sometimes, the photos will have been shot in the last few days - but no matter what or when, I hope you will enjoy them.

On the technical side, I am a Canon photographer. I currently use a 50D, with a 18-200 IS lens, 10-22mm EF-S lens, and a 50mm f/1.8, with a Canon 580EX flash. Oh yes, I have a full complement of other junk, studio strobes, backdrops, etc. But, let's just say I like to keep it simple. I am not much for Photoshop; I prefer the old-fashioned way of getting it right in the camera.

If you would like to see more of my work, go to my website, Images by Tom. You can purchase many of my images (including some of the photos you will see here) at Fine Art America. Please, feel free to comment on the images and / or what I write. Your input will mean much to me, and help me grow in my photography - as I hope I will help you grow in yours.

About the image. Above is a shot (one of many) of an old friend, Lisa. She was a really sweet girl, a dancer, and wanted some images for her portfolio. You will see her often, as well as her stster, Stephanie.


No comments:

Post a Comment